Thursday, April 26, 2012

Disney Character Showdown

Today I ran into a friend at the grocery store today and he asked me one of the most difficult questions I have ever been asked.


“Who is your favorite Disney Character of all time?”

Now, for a major Disney fan, this was a tough question. From Mickey Mouse to Merida there have been a lot of great characters, and to narrow it down to just one was a task to difficult for the snack food aisle.

And that is why I need your help.

I’ve selected 16 characters that I love from four different areas of Disney cartoons; classic, modern, Pixar, and villain. What I need you to do is go through the first round, voting in the comments of this blog, my Facebook, or my Twitter (however you got here). Remember, we are starting with just the first round, I will tally the votes, and we will pick this up again next week.

There are my favorites, and if your favorite is left off, I’m sorry. If you want to add your favorite to the comments, please feel free!

5 comments:

  1. Mickey, buzz, mike w., dumbo, stitch, belle, hook, maleficent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st Bracket - Baloo, his voice is much less annoying

    2nd Bracket - Snow White, this story has seen maaaaaaany retellings (there are already two big movies just this year), and every take on the character brings out a different aspect of the character

    3rd Bracket - Tough one, but I'll go with Genie, much more quotable

    4th Bracket - I almost said Simba, but then I remembered how whiny he was, so I vote Belle; who knew that Disney would do so well with a psychological tale of Stockholm Syndrome?

    5th Bracket - Mr. Incredible. I actually just changed my answer from Buzz Lightyear; Toy Story is one of my favorite movies ever, but there's just a depth to Mr. Incredible's character, maybe it's because he's this average middle aged guy with the same problems as all the rest of us, he and his family just happen to have super powers. And we all know that super powers makes everything better.

    6th Bracket - I'll admit that I haven't seen Cars, but from what I have seen, I think that Tow Mater is (ironically) a more rounded (get it?) character.

    7th Bracket - Hades. I'm sure a lot of people will remember Peter Pan fondly, but this isn't my favorite portrayal of Captain Hook. I know a lot of people didn't like Hercules, and I admit it's not Disney's finest, but I've always loved mythology, and James Woods made an interesting deity.

    8th Bracket - Maleficent, hands down. My sister and I were enthralled with her as kids, so much more interesting than that old Prince Charming and Princess Aurora. From her voice, to outfit, to great dragon transformation at the end of the film, she is one of the best Disney villains ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baloo
    Buzz
    Dumbo
    Wazowski
    Genie
    Hook
    Belle
    DeVille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that we have ever been in this strong of unison...how about that! 8 for 8!

      Delete
  4. (I picked Belle over Simba for the same reason as den.)

    ReplyDelete