Tuesday, April 24, 2012

McDonald's

I went to McDonald’s today. For those of you who don’t live where I do, they just finished a massive remodel of our McDonald’s and it was kind of a big deal. They tore down the old building and built a new one up from the foundation. And that meant that there was a distinct lack of Big Mac’s in our town for a long time. When it reopened, people freaked out!

Now, I really wanted to put my judgey-pants on. I wanted to make the point that while they may remodel the building, it’s still a McDonald’s; it still tastes like McDonald’s, it still smells like McDonald’s, it still lingers on your clothes like McDonald’s. The spiritual point here being that we can change the outside, but it’s what is on the inside that counts.

However, when I went inside to pick up my McGriddles and scope out the new digs, I had to admit that the place looked nice.

It was clean.

It was fresh.

It was bright.

It really had that inviting atmosphere that they were going for.

The service was fast and my food was hot.

So while I really wanted to come away with a blog post dogging on McDonald’s, the fact of the matter was that I really liked my experience. Like a lot of things in this town, McDonald’s has gotten a whole lot nicer. I’ve noticed this trend all over, from the Water Park they built last year to the new restaurants that have cropped up recently to the rebirth of downtown (if you haven’t been down there in a while, you really should check it out). It really makes me happy to see these changes, and I am so blessed to see how God is not only working in our church, but in our town as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment