Monday, May 2, 2011

30

Tomorrow is the day. I’ve been talking about it for about a year now. I’ve been hyping it for six months. For the last 30 days, my wife has been celebrating it. Tomorrow I turn 30.

The thing is, I’m not really all that upset about this. I make a big deal about it, but the truth is I’m everywhere I thought I would be by age 30. I have a young family that’s just getting started, and I’m in a good place in my career. While everything in my life is far from perfect, so far I’ve achieved the dreams that I had for myself and I live each moment to its fullest.

I think that’s what life is really all about, living each moment. We can live always wanting more, always wishing things were different, and then we get to these milestones in life and we wonder why they aren’t. On the other hand, we can live in each moment, getting the most from every day God blesses us with, and as a result we find ourselves exactly where we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment