Monday, May 9, 2011

If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It

As many of you know, I am obsessed with Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Being a former Floridian, as well as someone who had the opportunity to go several times in my youth, I have many fond memories of that place.

In fact, the other day I spent a few minutes talking with my students about it, and I mentioned something that they did not know, the fact that Walt Disney died before its completion. In fact, the project had been called simply “Disney World” but after Walt died and his older brother Roy to over, he renamed the Florida project “Walt Disney World” to make sure that everyone knew that it was his brother’s dream.

We are talking about dreams on Wednesday night, and I will add more to this story there, but Walt Disney is someone I look to as a visionary and a dreamer. I have a quote here in the picture that goes with this post that says “All your dreams come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” I don’t know that there is any Scripture to back that up, but it sure is a nice thought. I think many of us have dreams, but no courage to take the big risk it takes to see them come to life. As a result, our dreams never come true because we don’t do the things necessary to make our dreams a reality. Always remember that God wants to use you for something big, and have the courage it takes to pursue your dream.

For more on dreaming big dreams (and for the end of the story) check out OASIS this Wednesday night at Calvary


No comments:

Post a Comment