Monday, February 20, 2012

Something's Missing

To my single friends: I’m sorry. I know that you live like this every day, I know that this is your world, and before I begin complaining about having to be by myself for a whole weekend, I just want to tell you that I know that I have no right to whine.

That being said, I’m so glad this weekend is over. I have been bachin’ it since Friday with my wife and daughter off in Austin. They had a good time with family and getting to pursue hobbies, while I was here alone. I mean, I had plenty of things to do, and I got to eat what I want, but it’s not the same. The last time my wife was out of town, I noted that the house just seemed darker when she was gone. The place isn’t the same. I don’t like sleeping in our bed without her. When my girls are not here, something is missing.

The church is supposed to be a family, that’s the way the Bible describes it. And yet all too often there are family members that aren’t there, and that means that something is missing. Some of us think about church the way I think about the gym, I know I’m supposed to go and I enjoy it once I get there, but I will take any excuse to get out of it. The thing is, when I’m not at the gym, it doesn’t miss me. On the other hand, he church (the group of believers, not the building) does miss me. And if you are a part of that group of believers and you have been away from your family, the church, we miss you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment