Monday, January 6, 2014

On the Road

My family just returned from a two-week road trip.  We drove from Texas to visit my family in Virginia.  We made a few stops along the way, but ultimately we spent about a week on the road and a week with friends and family. 

You learn a lot of things on the road.  In this case, I learned that all gas station bathrooms are not created equal.  I also learned that my daughter who just turned one can eat as much of a kids meal at Chick-fil-a as my daughter who is about to turn five.  But I think the most important lesson I learned is that if you have a car that is packed completely full, and then you stop at outlet shops on the way home, you find more room.
At the risk of sounding sappy, life is a journey.  And you learn a lot along the way.  Many of us are looking forward to a destination, but the real stuff of life happens on the road.  Faith comes into play when we know the destination, but have no idea how God is going to get us there.  Trust in God is built in the journey, and life lessons happen as we make wrong turns and learn to get back going in the right direction.  If you are in the middle of a journey, don’t give up until you make it to your destination, but know that there is life to be lived in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment