Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tracks in the Snow

I had the chance to come home today for lunch, and I noticed some tracks in the snow.  Some of them were animal tracks; something walked into my back yard and left behind some yellow snow.  Other tracks were tire tracks, I could see where my wife’s car had driven this morning and it reminded me of her.  Still others were my own footprints, I could trace back the exact route I took from the door to the car this morning and decided to walk back by that same path.

Tracks in the snow are reminders.  They show us where we have been, or the people who have been there with us.  We all have moments where God reminds us of His blessing in our lives.  For example, I for one have been blessed by my own Facebook movie this week, revealing some great moments in my life; the birth of my kids, wonderful travel experiences, students who I have had a chance to impact and have impacted me, and family and friends that love me.  These are more tracks in the snow, reminders of God’s blessing. 

Today, as you brave the cold, think about the tracks in your life.  Think about the ways that God has been good to you.  Think about the people who care about you and have influenced your life in a positive way.  And thank God for those things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment