Thursday, April 10, 2014

Getting Better

I blogged some time ago about the problem I was having with my foot.  The doctor told me proper footwear would alleviate the pain I was feeling and get everything back to normal.  The problem is I don’t like proper footwear.  I like flip flops.  I like bare feet.  I don’t like wearing shoes all day; it makes my feet feel claustrophobic.

As a result, I didn’t wear proper footwear.  The shoes I bought were not quite right, and the insoles helped but didn’t fix the problem.  Then, when I got home I would take the shoes off.  This is fine if I’m just watching television, but to stand for any amount of time I needed to be protected.  But I just didn’t want to.  So as a result nothing got any better.

Only recently have I purchased several pairs of the right kind of shoes and kept them on whenever standing.  What a difference!

Often in life there are things that we just don’t want to do, but they are the only things that will make our lives any better.  God gives us lots of things in His Word to do, and many of those things are uncomfortable or difficult or just plain inconvenient.  But the longer we live the more we see that those are the only things that will help our lives to get any better.  My doctor didn't tell me to get rid of my flip flops because he hates me or doesn't want me to have any fun, he did that so that I could feel better.  God’s Word works the same way.  So if there is something that you know God has asked you to do but you don’t want to do it, trust Him that nothing will get better until you choose to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment